Tuesday 22 December 2009

Crowdsourcing a Charity

Had decided to save this for the film's release announcement. Thought it would add an extra da to the ta-da moment. But a DJ in Australia wanted to share the film with her listeners earlier today, and I thought the opportunity to get audience input was too good to pass up.

Here's the thing: I've always wanted to commit a % of the film's screening revenues to the "right" charity in Bali. Have a few on our shortlist, but my partners and I are still looking.

So, here's the call to all out there. If you know a charity org that would appreciate and make good with what little we might be able to raise, let me know. I'm thinking something child welfare or HIV/AIDS related, but no cause is irrelevant if the organisation is good.

Post your suggestions here. Better yes, post them our Facebook page. We setup a special thread in the discussions section for this. Hopefully we can get a conversation going.

Quick reassurance: I'm also going to ask some friends with tons of NGO/volunteering experience to help us with our evaluations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment